The 2nd Edition Oman Sustainable Energy and Technology Summit is organised under the patronage of the Ministry of Environment and Climate Affairs, Ministry of Oil and Gas - Sultanate of Oman.
The Summit is endorsed by Be’ah, Authority for Electricity Regulation, Distribution Code Review Panel, Oman Power and Water Procurement Co. and TANWEER. The Summit issupported by the United Nations Development Programme.
Sustainability and clean energy feature high on the national agenda in most Middle East countries. The Sultanate of Oman incorporates sustainability as government policy; charted out in its Vision 2020 programme. The Vision 2020 programme aims to achieve economic resilience by diversifying the Sultanate’s economy away from its traditional dependence on oil & gas exports while working towards the optimal exploitation of its natural resources.
The Sultanate of Oman has forecast an increase in peak power demand by 53%, reaching 9.96GW by 2023, of which, 11% of all electricity generated will be from renewable energy sources. By 2030, renewable energy will account for over 30% of the energy mix.
The Oman Sustainable Energy and Technology Summit takes into account, the current energy scenario, bringing together senior stakeholders, policy makers, influencers and solution providers who are driving the renewable energy eco-system across the Middle East. The Summit will showcase perspectives on upcoming projects from across the Middle East from and state of the art innovation in the field of energy.
- Dr. Rasmi Hamzeh, CEO & Executive Director, Ministry of Energy and Mineral Resources will be presenting “Energy perspectives from Jordan: Adding renewables to the energy mix and upcoming projects”
- Eng. Sarah Al Usaimi, Industrial Engineering Specialist, Strategic Planning Office, Kuwait Authority for Partnership Projects, will be presenting “Outlook on the energy scenario in Kuwait: Current and impending projects”
- Dr. Kishan Khoday, Team Leader, Climate Change and Environment will be presenting “Prioritizing renewables in the region, mitigating the threat posed by climate change, the importance of policy coherence, capacity building measures and transitioning towards a green economy”
- Mr. Christophe McGlade, Senior Energy Analyst, Directorate of Sustainability, Technology and Outlooks, International Energy Agency will be presenting “World Energy Outlook 2019”
- Dr. Farah Al Barwani, Research and Development Manager, Environmental Center of Excellence, Be’ah will be presenting “Waste to Energy in the Sultanate of Oman”
The 2nd Edition Oman Sustainable Energy Summit, is the definitive platform for energy professionals, offering unparalleled opportunities to network with peers and to explore new products, technologies and services.